Sunday, November 23, 2008

On Your Mark, Get Set, Graduate!!

So graduation is finally insight. December 13th, 10:00 am, USU Spectrum. I guess you can say I am excited! I can not wait until I walk in the freezing temperatures, in a gown of black and a goofy looking hat and carry out a $20,000 paper that says that I spent 4 years in a class learning how to be a teacher! :) I am actually very excited for the day, except for one minor piece of information...I have to speak at graduation. So everyone can say, "Oh but Amanda, that's an honor...blah, blah!" It's a freakin scary honor, if nothing else. After telling Jake the bad news, he replied, "I think that's great. That is a really great opportunity." It appears that many people are willing to say that, but they never had to stand in front of 600 graduates, plus family, and faculty and spill their insides out about the last 4 years at college. It's a little overwhelming, if you ask me.

So I guess I will spend my Thanksgiving vacation fretting over my graduation speech....ahh!

But anyone reading this, if they feel inclined, can attend my graduation. The more the merrier. Like I said, here are the details:

Saturday, December 13
Procession begins at 10:00 am
The "official" commencement begins at 10:30 am
USU Spectrum
Logan, UT

Just let me know so I can get a ticket for you (tickets aren't required for the commencement service, but are required for a food gathering after).

Thanks!!

Background